Saturday, October 11, 2008

Stop talking, do it


I can't believe yesterday was my daughter's 7th birthday. I recall to the minute her birth, really, and now it's hard to believe it was 7 years ago. At the moment we are so busy (I say 'we' loosely), Andy and the gardener(s) are so busy planting citrus trees, coconut trees and pineapple plants or is it pineapple trees - must really make an effort to sound like I know what I'm talking about. Anyway, I sort of doze off as I'm being told this at the end of a long day and think I won't be picking those for years, thank heavens for the weekly market but the pineapples are already shooting up so it won't be that long. Also we have a second entrance to the bottom of our plot and we are considering planting coconuts along the route of it (some grand entrance hey) but last night a friend told us they'd block our view eventually. I glazed over again thinking that's years away but today as I lay in the hot pools looking up at the sky, watching the rain drops literally shoot down towards me through the leafy green foliage (it felt like those movies where you have to wear special 3D glasses), I thought that it won't be that long before our garden is completed and this is our very own house now, it really really is.

Secondly, our pool man Andy from the UK and his girlfriend are here for two weeks to complete the construction of our pool. The pool was so key to me for our move - I love swimming - and whilst it will be fantastic I can't quite believe and get excited that it will be completed soon too as that seems to have taken forever to 'grow' as well.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that, time really does go by fast and I'm not saying you have to do what we did but if there's something you keep putting off thinking it'll take forever then think again, with the right frame of mind, anything is possible.

No comments: