Thursday, May 7, 2009

Suits you sir


So, I am trying to shop online for 4 of us. Andy did his own - ok Jack springs to mind. Anyway, I spend ages shopping, putting it all in my cart and then can't check out because my card address, delivery address and/or home addresses don't quite tally. Back to good old Amazon who now sell absolutely everything so I pick a few items and then get baffled by XXS XS S M SM M+ etc etc. What happened to 8/10/12, no that would be far too easy. And they start at 0/Zero - how can you possibly be Zero that means you would be a spec a blog whatever, like a Benjamin Button moment. Then I'm forced to look up 'manufacturers size chart' which is all in inches - inches, who uses inches - well, the States still does of course. Maybe if you are a touch outsized as it were it sounds kind of better in inches than in centimetres - maybe. So, I measure the kids, sort of calculate what the rough size might be and then I make a big mistake thinking it will be a fun bonding thing - let's shop online TOGETHER. Well, I did all the 'doesn't that look a lovely sundress/pair of shorts/flips' business and got firm 'no's' all round. So, I gave up and went back to 'dresses' for me. Can I find anything - no, only this one - didn't the mother in Bewitched (1st edition!) wear this? Oh for the days of PRIMARK - I went in once a year, did a trolley dash for all 4 of us ('he' always shopped at proper shops) and 300 quid later we are all sorted for another year. Now how much would it be for just me to just pop on just 2 planes and just pop into Kingston's Primark.............

4 comments:

Tropical Ties said...

You should be making your own clothes really, you can borrow my sewing machine Barbara (you're not Margo)

Destination Dominica said...

Would I end up looking like you then?

Tropical Ties said...

Ahhhhhh!!!!

Unknown said...

Going to Primark next month do you need any socks or anything?