Sunday, August 3, 2008

First swim

I'm fairly organised with the children (ie. lugging around a large bag containing several just in case items) but I think relaxed environment mode is taking over - yesterday we drove up to Portsmouth and took nothing except our swimmers and suntan lotion. We stopped at the Purple Turtle Beachclub. The beachclub bit meant I could hire a sunlounger under a palm tree, fab. The beach is lovely, the sea calm and the children loved it. They spent a fair bit of time making sand/recycling (the Belgium influence) art with bottle tops, flowers, seashells etc - they then insisted we phototgraph them separately next to their individual creations. (Who needs a DS Lite I ask myself). We stayed 5 hours and then made our way back via Connie's bar at Mero. One rum punch and a rum & coke later we were on our way back home. I'd floated in the sea, closed my eyes and for the first time in ages, thought of absolutely nothing. Bliss.

No comments: