Thursday, August 14, 2008

Green Flash


You know Del boy's car in 'Only Fools & Horses'........... Well, Andy's all proud of the sunroof - I just knew it was a bad idea to open it and expect it to close again - it's not like we don't get enough sun walking round Roseau for 4+ hours most days. So, now we have burnt heads - luckily I have more hair. Heaven help us when it rains - maybe we could stick Scarlett's little Dora brolley thru' the gap. Compared to this, my window only closing half way and getting the key jammed in the boot door seem quite tame. It goes up hills. It goes up hills. It goes up hills. And, did I mention the tyres are all brand new...

Our container might be delivered tomorrow. Long story. Belgium didn't send the correct paperwork - probably recycled it too quickly. However, if I gave a blank cheque to the shipping agent, they said they would return it on receipt of this form and I could clear our container. All sounds fairly promising or alternatively someone will be sailing off into the sunset tomorrow spending the rest of our builder's money. So tomorrow night, we may be sleeping in our own house.

In the meantime, here's tonight's sunset. When I was little and living here, everyone seemed to mention the green flash in hushed tones. Now I'm making my children watch every sunset to spot the elusive flash too. Wonder if my parents made it up to keep me quiet for 20 minutes. Perish the thought. Come to think of it, I bet Celia's got the perfect photo of the green flash....

1 comment:

Tropical Ties said...

We keep looking across the valley for lights...but none yet. I have only seen the green flash once myself and it may have been alcohol induced. Fingers crossed for your container.
Hey great news re vehicle.