Friday, April 11, 2008

The power of TV


I've asked Tina to organise cable TV for us in Dominica but I haven't a clue what we'll get. We have SKY here in Belgium so unlimited choice for us and the children - not great in the battle against the box but that's how it is at the moment. This morning my son ran into the kitchen telling me to use DAZ to get my whites whiter - thanks Ollie for that little tip. They are truly brainwashed and ask for things that they can't even pronounce properly half the time - mind you with Olay wittering on about 'pentapeptides' it's not surprising.

This reminds me of a story my Dad told me recently........thirty plus years ago when he was on a relocation orientation course in the UK with a group of others, all going off to different far flung places, he was sat next to a couple and the husband asked the course director what the TV was like in Barbados. Before he could get a reply, his wife turned to him and said 'don't worry about that dear we'll take ours so we'll still get the BBC'.

No comments: